Saturday, September 28, 2013

Looks Yummy

As I was scrolling through the Yahoo News feed, I was more than surprised by what I read. It's not too often that a news headline really catch my eye like, "Grandmother's petition seeks changes to laundry pods." First off, what in the heck does that title mean? I was even more confused as I read on. Apparently, a petition was started to make laundry pods more child-proof. The statistic that shocked me most was that "So far in 2013, poison control centers around the country have received more than 6,000 reports of exposure to the concentrated laundry cleaners from children ages 5 and younger." That means that thousands of irresponsible parents are leaving around toxic chemicals for their 2-year-olds to teethe on. To me, that is a bit depressing. How could people be so dumb?  

Here's the photo that was included in the article. The claim was that "the brightly colored packets can be dangerously appealing to children." 

I feel like the fact that the box of the laundry pods is bright-colored is irrelevant. The companies that make laundry pods post warnings on their products which are quite blatant. This is simply a matter of bad parenting in my opinion. This whole situation could be remedied if parents and guardians keep chemicals away from little kids. Simple as that.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you Josh. I think that Erica Johnson is trying to blame Tide because she doesn't want to admit that it was her fault. In my opinion, the colors of the pod are simply to attract customers into buying the product. It isn't necessary for Tide to change the appearance of the pod; people simply need to put the pods somewhere high up where children can't see them. There's this human nature that we all have, to blame others for our mistakes. She should have her story be a lesson to others, not a lawsuit towards Tide.

    ReplyDelete